With holiday parties comes food and with that comes overeating. Knowing that this is a fact of life, Weight Watchers wanted to activate a variety of influencers to have fun with this yearly occurrence to bring more awareness to the brand. With me leading the team, Horizon Media was tasked to find said influencers. With video and photo being the media-type, we worked with a few agencies that represent YouTube and Instagram influencers. Below is a couple examples of content that was created.
On the evening of the show, #FashionRocks was the 2nd highest trending phrase. The number 1 spot was held by the highly popular Sons of Anarchy which was airing the first episode of the final season. With this being the first year that Fashion Rocks was airing since 2008, the show did not have a dedicated and built in fanbase like SOA. So to beat it wasn’t feasible in my opinion. For the entire week, it was the 4th most tweeted show after 2015 Miss America Pagent, Presidential Address and SOA beating Teen Wolf, Love and Hip Hop, WWE Monday Night Raw, Bachelor in Paradise and Big Brother. The reason of this success is due to a combination of strong Twitter content – photos, videos and GIFs – in real time, talent support and social alignment with various large sponsors.
More details on the Nielsen Social ratings for the week of September 8, 2014 here.
I had the privilege of traveling to Belgium to cover the world renown music festival Tomorrowland on behalf of MTV. I interviewed world famous DJs and created social media content for MTV, MTV News and MTV Clubland. Below are the articles I wrote for the festival.
- Are Steve Aoki’s Cake-Throwing Days Over?
- The DJ is known for throwing cakes into the crowd at every show, but he tells MTV News he may have to take a break.
- Tomorrowland 2013: Great Guns! ‘Super’ DJs Laidback Luke, Martin Solveig Hit Stage On Day 2
- MTV News was in Belgium with Luke and Super Solveig as they donned superhero capes and debuted ‘Blow’ on the Super You & Me stage.
- Tomorrowland 2013: Nervo, Bassjackers Take Us Onstage For Day 1!
- MTV News lands in Belgium and goes behind the scenes with Steve Aoki, catches Tiesto’s fiery set and much more in our social recap.
- Tomorrowland 2013 Trailer: The Moon, The Stars And An EDM-Loving Wizard
- As we prepare to head off to to Belgium to cover Tomorrowland, this new clip features a ‘magical’ wizard touting the ninth installment of the star-studded dance festival.
Along with other expert members of the MTV News team, I discussed the top two moments of the Golden Globes that trended on social media.
Watch it here: http://on.mtv.com/TVYr47
My interview with Parisian rock, grunge, new wave duo Jamaica for WRG? Magazine in 2011.
When I was six years old, I asked my mom with a straight face, “how do I become a princess?”. Her reply, “marry royality”.
In all the hype of the Royal Wedding, I received an out of the blue Facebook message from Lisa Sim of Sim Minerals. Stating that she thought I looked like Kate, she asked if I would take part in a make-up tutorial that would make me look like the soon to be duchess.
With this being the closest I could get to becoming a princess, the answer was pretty obvious.
While I was at the shoot for Kate Middleton’s engagement look, the crew looked at me and said “could we make you into Audrey Hepburn’s ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ look too?”
Hepburn as Holly Golighty was one of the famed stars most legendary roles. The answer again was pretty obvious.
**Sadly, these video’s do not embed on WordPress